…is a terrible place.
1. The school denied President Obama an honorary degree. Really?
2. The school is only worried about money. “Publish or Perish” isn’t the Dean’s motto, I think something he would be happier with would be “get a grant or get out.”
3. The school is trying to get rid of tenure… hell if i went to school for 4 for the B.S., then 2 for the M.A., then 3-5 more for a PhD. (not to mention the people that do another 2-3 for a post doc), then killed myself for another 5 years to get tenure… I’d think I had earned a little job security.
4. If the dean can’t take away an established professors tenure away, he has increased teaching loads for full professors in hopes of getting them to retire.
5. The freshman MUST live on campus and buy a meal plan… another good way to make money (I’m very glad I went there when I could live at home otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to afford a degree from ASU)
6. The size of the classes are going to be huge, while not up to a 1,000 students in a class room yet, some NON-freshman classes will have over 500 people.
7. Finally for a school that is trying to make… errr save money maybe we can cut the Deans salary that is nearly $700,000 per year.